Easy Indonesian/Dutch inspired meal that works for lunch, dinner, or even breakfast!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Heat enough cooking oil to moisten chicken.
- 2Cook chicken until half-done.
- 4Heat more cooking oil and stir-fry onion and garlic till fragrant.
- 5Return chicken to the wok with onion and garlic.
- 6Stir-fry for approximately another two minutes and add tomatoes.
- 7Add ketjap manis by pouring around the wok's edges.
- 8This will prevent you from using too much.
- 9Add water enough to cover the chicken and stir.
- 10Add nutmeg, salt, and pepper.
- 11If you think the sauce is too watery, let it simmer uncovered to allow excess water to evaporate.
- 12Serve immediately with fragrant rice.
- 13This recipe works well with potatoes too-- simply substitute some of the chicken with potatoes.
- 14Easy alternative for those too lazy to cook rice separately.
Browse Our Top Chicken Thigh & Leg Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chicken Thigh & Leg Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Smoor ayam
Serving Size: 1 (477 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 303.3
- Calories from Fat 122
- Total Fat 13.6 g
- Saturated Fat 3.9 g
- Cholesterol 121.5 mg
- Sodium 2212.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 12.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.9 g
- Sugars 4.6 g
- Protein 31.2 g