Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 5 mins
Cook 15 mins
Easy Indonesian/Dutch inspired meal that works for lunch, dinner, or even breakfast!
Make and share this Smoor ayam recipe from Food.com.
- Heat enough cooking oil to moisten chicken.
- Cook chicken until half-done.
- Heat more cooking oil and stir-fry onion and garlic till fragrant.
- Return chicken to the wok with onion and garlic.
- Stir-fry for approximately another two minutes and add tomatoes.
- Add ketjap manis by pouring around the wok's edges.
- This will prevent you from using too much.
- Add water enough to cover the chicken and stir.
- Add nutmeg, salt, and pepper.
- If you think the sauce is too watery, let it simmer uncovered to allow excess water to evaporate.
- Serve immediately with fragrant rice.
- This recipe works well with potatoes too-- simply substitute some of the chicken with potatoes.
- Easy alternative for those too lazy to cook rice separately.