Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr
A lot of ingredients but wait till you taste it Hot out of the Oven!!! Moist and delicious Treat for dessert or Breakfast and Great for Holiday gatherings or Parties...
- 3 cups apples (diced)
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 cups sugar
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar (packed)
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons salt
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon (ground)
- 4 large eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1 1⁄2 cups applesauce
- 1⁄2 cup apple butter (homemade)
- 1⁄2 cup pecans (crushed) (optional)
- 1⁄4 cup powdered sugar
- Pre Heat oven to 350*.
- Sift Flour,Baking Soda,Baking Powder,Salt and Cinnamon together and set aside.
- Peel and dice Apples into a bowl of salty water ( so they don't turn brown ) and set aside.
- Combined Sugars, Eggs, Vanilla, Apple- Sauce,Apple Butter ( I use homemade Smoky Mountain Apple Butter but any brand you like is fine ) and diced Apples.
- Stir with a Sturdy Spoon. ( No need for a Mixer).
- Next add the sifted Flour and stir together until thoroughly combined.
- Last add crushed Pecans. ( Optional ).
- Pour Mixture into a LARGE Bundt Pan or Use two Smaller ones.
- Bake for 1 Hour until a toothpick inserted comes out clean.
- Let cakes cool until slightly warm sprinkle with the Powdered Sugar and serve with a dollup of whip cream or even Vanilla Ice Cream. Enjoy!
This cake was wonderful! I grated my apples with the peel on because I am lazy, I also subbed plain fat free yogurt for the apple butter because I had none. The grated apples sortof melted into the cake, making it super duper moist. This recipe filled my bundt pan completely plus a small foil loaf pan...enough to share!
What a wonderful recipe. There is no oil in this recipe and the cake is still extremely moist. It is a very large recipe. I made half the recipe and it was too much for my smaller 6 cup bundt pan. One third of the recipe would have been much better
Super Tasty!!!!Make sure you use a big bundt pan. I used my regular sized pan and there was just a little bit too much batter for it.I ended up putting it in a muffin tin. I got a bundt cake and 7 muffins out of it. I wouldn't recommend doing muffins though. They taste fine but they didn't raise like muffins should.I added a tsp of nutmeg to the dry mixture and left out the pecans. I sprinkled it with powdered sugar. Very good!!!!