Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
Pesto of a southwestern kind.
- 3 cups loosely packed fresh cilantro leaves
- 1⁄4 cup pine nuts, lightly toasted (can sub walnuts)
- 2 small chipotle chiles in adobo
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1⁄2 cup grated Cotija cheese
- 1⁄2 cup olive oil
- Place cilantro, pine nuts or walnuts, chipotle peppers, garlic, lime juice and black pepper in food processor container. Cover; process until finely chopped. Add cheese; pulse on and off until just combined. With motor running, slowly add oil through opening in cover, processing until smooth.