R. Warren Meddoff's Note:
Tapas dish from Andalusia, Spain. You can serve this dish as is or over rice, orzo or couscous.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 Spanish onion, diced
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 tablespoon smoked paprika
- 2 cups eggplants (unpeeled, cubed and roasted)
- 1 (15 ounce) can chickpeas (drained and rinsed)
- 1 (15 ounce) can tomatoes with juice (Italian, diced or chopped)
- 1 cup frozen spinach (thawed and chopped)
- 1 cup manchego cheese (crumbled)
- 1Prepare eggplant by preheating oven to 375ºF/175ºC.
- 2Dice unpeeled eggplant into 1 inch cubes. Combine with 2 tablespoons olive oil and salt and pepper to taste. Spread on a baking pan with the sides lined with foil or parchment paper. Bake for 30 minutes until golden brown and tender.
- 3Heat remaining oil in large nonstick sauté pan over medium heat. Add onion, garlic and smoked paprika. Sauté 1 minute to soften the onions.
- 4Add chickpeas, tomatoes and bring to a simmer; cook for 5 minutes.
- 5Add spinach, eggplant and cheese. Cook until heated through and cheese is melted.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Smoky Chickpeas With Spinach, Tomato and Manchego Cheese, Tapas
Serving Size: 1 (318 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 277.4
- Calories from Fat 109
- Total Fat 12.1 g
- Saturated Fat 1.7 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 579.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 37.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 9.6 g
- Sugars 6.0 g
- Protein 8.4 g
The following items or measurements are not included: