Prep 15 mins
Cook 10 hrs
This is from 365 One Dish Meals.
- 1 (11 1/2 ounce) can bean with bacon soup
- 1 (4 ounce) can diced green chilies
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 9 ounces frozen black-eyed peas, slightly thawed
- 2 carrots, sliced
- 1 medium onion, sliced
- 1 1⁄2 lbs chuck roast, trimmed
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- In a 4 quart crock pot, combine soup, green chiles, water, garlic powder, paprika, black eyed peas, carrot and onion.
- Mix to blend well. Place roast doen into mixture, covering top with some of it.
- Cover and cook on low for 10 hours. Stir in salt.
This was a huge hit!! I had to add some extra spices as we found it to be a bit bland for our taste. I used some leftover smoked pork in place of the chuck roast, added an extra can of green chili's, and Tony Chachere's seasoning. It was delicious!