Recipe by Mmmmm..bacon....
I came up with this dip after running across some Stella smoked bleu cheese. I'm certain regular bleu cheese would work, but the smoked is truly out of this world!
- 1 cup sour cream
- 2 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 5 1⁄2 ounces blue cheese, crumbled (Stella smoked blue cheese preferred)
- 4 slices bacon
- 2 green onions, chopped
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook bacon until crisp, drain on paper towels reserving one TBSP of bacon fat.
- Saute garlic in reserved bacon fat over medium low heat, 1-2 minutes. Remove from heat and cool.
- Combine all ingredients and refrigerate at least 1 hour to allow flavors to marry.
- Serve with crackers, crudites or chips. The blue cheese and bacon make this pretty salty so lightly salted chips are best. Reduced fat sour cream and cream cheese work well in this dip.