Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
I saw Rachael Ray prepare this on a recent episode of her 30-minute meals and it looked delicious. Toasting the chick peas tastes delicious, I bet. I can't wait to try it!
- extra virgin olive oil, for drizzling
- 1⁄3 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 4 slices bacon, chopped
- 2 (15 ounce) cans chickpeas, rinsed and dried
- crushed red pepper flakes, a few pinches
- 3 romaine lettuce hearts, chopped
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard (a teaspoon)
- 3 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- Heat a small skillet over medium high heat.
- Add a drizzle of extra-virgin olive oil and the bacon.
- Crisp the bacon then transfer to a paper towel-lined plate.
- Add dried chickpeas and reduce heat to medium. Cook until toasted and lightly browned, 10 to 12 minutes.
- Season chickpeas with salt and crushed pepper flakes and cool.
- Place greens in a salad bowl.
- Whisk together the mustard, vinegar and about 1/3 cup extra-virgin olive oil.
- Add bacon and chickpeas to the salad and toss to coat evenly.