Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
This spread works well from the Cabin to Christmas appys!
- 8 ounces smoked trout fillets
- 4 ounces cream cheese, cubed
- 3 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh dill
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon prepared horseradish
- 1⁄4 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons toasted chopped walnuts
- Place all ingredients except the walnuts into a food processor and puree to smooth.
- Spoon into a serving bowl and garnish with walnuts.
Well, I had about 2 cups of leftover trout that I wanted to make into a spread, and so I made this, adding 1/2 tsp. liquid smoke and it was just delicious! Wow, what flavor! Thanks DiB's!!!!!
If you like the taste of smoked fish you are going to love this spread. I've made this twice in the last week, once for myself, and once to give as a hostess gift in some pretty Tupperware. When I made it as a hostess gift I kept to Di's recipe, and it was divine. When I made it for myself I converted it for Somersizing, just leaving out the walnuts. I also substituted smoked mackeral for the trout, but that was just as a personal preference. This spread is creamy and delicious!
This was just delicious. My lemon must have been especially tart so next time I would start with a little less and add as needed. A wonderful quick and easy snack! Made for Culinary Quest 2014