Prep 1 hr
Cook 0 mins
The appetizer for a menu from ArcaMax Chef's newsletter. Low fat or light mayonnaise can also be used.
- 6 ounces smoked salmon, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup mayonnaise
- 1⁄2 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- 1⁄4 cup green onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons fresh dill, minced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 Belgian endive, 4 large leaves
- In a medium bowl combine the first 8 ingredients, mix well.
- Carefully fill each of the four endive leaves with the salmon mixture. Chill in refrigerator until ready to serve.
Although my endive was past it's "expiration date", I served this on a bed of lettuce with triscuits and gherkins. It was de-lish! Btw, I used light mayo and no olive oil. made for Lauralie's football win 2015
Hubby and I both enjoyed this...I did omit the olive oil...wanted to cut back on the fat and really wasn't sure why it was there...anyway...we really enjoyed it without the added oil...my Belgian endive's were extremely small...they were more like a dingy...no boats here...so served them on the side with the yummy salmon mixture...the presentation was wonderful...this was a test run for the up coming holiday appetizer nights...I have to say that this recipe past the test...thanks for posting it...=)
DELICIOUS! I made a tray of these for the office and everyone loved them, especially me!!! So fast and easy and makes a great presentation. Thank you, Lauralie41, for a great recipe! Made for the Think Pink Tag Game In Honor of Breast Cancer Awareness, October 2008.