Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is nice with cocktails and is actually tastes better if made a few days in advance. Recipe from Barefoot Contessa Family Style
- 8 ounces cream cheese, at room temperature
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon freshly minced fresh dill
- 1 teaspoon prepared horseradish, drained
- 1⁄2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1⁄4 lb smoked salmon, minced
- Cream the cheese in an electric mixer fitted with a paddle attachment until just smooth.
- Add the sour cream, lemon juice, dill, horseradish, salt, and pepper, and mix.
- Add the smoked salmon and mix well.
- Chill and serve with crudites or crackers.
I found this recipe at Food Network and had to try it. Good stuff. You could dip anything in a recipe with a base of cream cheese and sour cream. Thanks for posting!
This recipe caught my eye because the write up on the internet claimed it used ingredients you have around the house. I don't have smoked salmon nor fresh dill laying around the house so I had to substitute. I used a 5oz can of skinless boneless salmon. I drained it well and flaked it in to a bowl. I added a few drops of liquid smoke and let it set for about an hour. I used 1/2tsp of dill weed in place of the fresh dill. I added 1/2tsp smoked paprika and a few drops of Frank's hot sauce to add a little bite. The horseradish is a nice touch. It went over very well. I'll go by the recipe the next time I smoke a salmon and fresh dill is available.
Delicious! I particularly like the addition of the horseradish. Thank you.