Recipe by Jewelies
Smoked salmon topped roasted potatoes.
Top Review by Annacia
I must confess that I used chives here because I'm not a dill fan (except in pickles). I cooked the potatoes this morning, bigger Yukon Golds as I wanted this for my dinner main dish. I cut them in half and scooped out some of the spud (which I added to the salmon filling with a little salt)and popped them under the broiler to heat and brown them a bit. This made a lovely dinner that was healthy as well was something different and very good. The flavors all came together beautifully. Thanks Jewelies for posting this.
- 20 small chat potatoes
- olive oil flavored cooking spray, to taste
- 100 g smoked salmon, finely chopped
- 1⁄4 cup sour cream
- 1⁄2 bunch dill, sprigs removed, finely chopped
- 1⁄2 lemon, rind finely grated
- extra dill sprigs, to serve
Directions See How It's Made
- Place potatoes in a large saucepan. Cover with cold water and bring to the boil over high heat. Reduce the heat to medium and simmer for 5 to 8 minutes or until potatoes just tender. Drain well.
- Preheat oven to 200°C
- Line a baking trays with baking paper. Place potatoes onto trays and spray with oil.
- Roast potatoes for 20 to 25 minutes or until golden.
- Using a sharp knife, cut the top off each potato and scoop out half the potato. Discard top and potato filling.
- Allow potatoes to cool slightly.
- Combine salmon, sour cream, dill and lemon rind then season with salt and pepper. Spoon a heaped teaspoonful of mixture onto each potato.
- Top with a sprig of dill and serve.