- 1 lb potato, peeled
- 300 g smoked salmon, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon parsley, finely chopped
- 4 green onions, finely chopped
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 150 g fresh breadcrumbs, toasted
- 50 g sesame seeds
- 6 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 large bulb of garlic, roasted
- 2 large egg yolks
- 1 large lemon, juice of
- 150 ml olive oil
- 2 teaspoons fresh dill, finely chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- To make the garlic cream squeeze the garlic out of each clove into a food processor.
- Add the eggs and lemon juice.
- Add the olive oil gradually in a thin stream with the motor running until the mixture thickens.
- Season to taste with slat and pepper, add dill and refrigerate until needed.
- Cook potatoes in boiling water until almost done, cool and then grate them into a large bowl.
- Mix the salmon, parsley, egg and onions into the potato, season with salt and pepper.
- Shape into 12 small cakes; mix the breadcrumbs with the sesame seeds and coat the cakes evenly with them.
- Sauté the cakes on medium heat in a little oil until browned and cooked through, about 5 minutes each side. Serve hot with garlic cream.