Recipe by Kim A. Heaphy
This is another recipe from my friend Chantel. I've had this dish at her place and thoroughly enjoyed it. She uses hot smoked salmon rather than the cold smoked and she sometimes substitutes Lobster or crab for the smoked salmon.
- 1⁄2 lb smoked salmon
- 1⁄2 small red onion
- 3 garlic cloves
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 ounces extra virgin olive oil
- 1 cup whipping cream
- 250 g pasta
- 2 ounces dry white wine
Directions See How It's Made
- Place pot of salted water on stove and bring it to a boil.
- Heat oil in frying pan and add the garlic and onions and fry until golden.
- Add the wine and deglase the pan for about 30 seconds.
- Add the butter and let melt.
- Add the cream, salt and pepper. Simmer on a low heat for about 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, add the pasta to the boiling water and cook while cream mixture simmers.
- Strain noodles.
- Toss noodles with cream mixture and serve.
- Top with fresh parmesan cheese if desired.