Recipe by UmmBinat
ZWT6 Denmark. A classic, slices of cold smoked or cured salmon (‘gravad laks’) on white bread, topped with shrimp and decorated with a slice of lemon and fresh dill. From http://www.thecopenhagenreport.com.
Top Review by I'mPat
A wonderfully refreshing lunch. I used wholemeal/wholegrain bread and thin slices of smoked salmon and freshly peeled sweet river prawns with just a drizzle of fresh lemon juice and a sprinkle of freshly ground pepper and I thoroughly enjoyed my two slices for lunch. Thank you UmmBinat, made for Make My Recipes - Christmas Edition.
- 2 white bread, slices thinly (good quality)
- smoked salmon, thinly sliced (or cured salmon both of good quality!)
- thin lemon slice
- fresh dill (garnish)
Directions See How It's Made
- Put it together like such:.
- Slices of cold smoked or cured salmon on top of buttered white bread slices,.
- Top with shrimp and decorate with a thin slices of lemon, or squeeze lemon on top and discard the rind if preferred.
- Sprinkle with fresh dill.
- In Denmark, Danish sandwiches are typically eaten with a fork and knife.