Recipe by sugarpea
These are scrumptious, different and salmon-colored. Oh, and addictive. The filling also makes a great spread for crackers or a dip for vegetables. It's my version of a recipe from Gourmet, 1995.
- 6 hard-boiled eggs, peeled
- 3 ounces smoked salmon
- 2 ounces softened cream cheese
- 2 tablespoons sour cream
- 1⁄2 teaspoon lemon juice
- salt and pepper
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- cilantro leaf
Directions See How It's Made
- Halve eggs lengthwise.
- Combine egg yolks and all ingredients except cilantro in food processor and blend until smooth.
- Add chopped cilantro and blend just to combine.
- Fill egg whites with mixture using your favorite method; pastry bag with tip, plastic bag with corner cut off or by spoonful.
- Garnish with cilantro leaves.