Something different to add to a platter with a variety of tea sandwiches, or just a nice afternoon snack. This is really quick if you use chive cream cheese in the tub and prepared wasabi. From Bon Appétit.
- Mix wasabi powder and 2 teaspoons water in medium bowl to form paste.
- Add cream cheese; using electric mixer, beat until well combined.
- Place all bread slices on work surface. Trim crusts.
- Spread each with wasabi cream cheese, dividing equally.
- Top 6 bread slices with smoked salmon, dividing equally.
- Sprinkle lemon juice and black pepper, then chives over salmon.
- Top with remaining bread slices, cheese side down.
- Note: Can be made two hours ahead. Wrap sandwiches individually in paper towels and refrigerate.
- Cut each sandwich into 4 triangles.
- Transfer to platter cut side up.