Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Another of Emeril's many wonderful recipes. However, I did omit the Roe when I made it. Total inactive prep time is 1 hr. 40 min. Posted for Zaar World Tour 05
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 6 ounces goat cheese
- 8 ounces smoked salmon, thinly sliced
- 2 ounces salmon roe
- 1⁄4 cup minced shallots or 1⁄4 cup green onion
- 1 sprig fresh dill, to garnish
Basic Pizza Dough
- 1 cup warm water (110 degrees F)
- 1 (1/4 ounce) envelope active dry yeast
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons extra virgin olive oil
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Basic Pizza Dough:.
- Add 1 1/2 cups of the flour and the salt, mixing by hand until it is all incorporated and the mixture is smooth.
- Continue adding the flour, 1/4 cup at a time, working the dough after each addition, until all the flour is incorporated but the dough is still slightly sticky.
- Turn the dough out onto a lightly floured surface and knead until smooth but still slightly tacky, 3 to 5 minutes.
- Oil a large mixing bowl with the remaining 1 1/2 teaspoons olive oil. Place the dough in the bowl and turn to oil all sides.
- Cover the bowl with plastic wrap and set in a warm, draft-free place until nearly doubled in size, 1 to 1 1/2 hours.
- Pizza Time:
- Remove the dough from the bowl. On a lightly floured surface, knead briefly. Let rest for 10 minutes.
- Roll out into a rectangle, about 16 by 10 inches, and cut into six squares, about 5 inches each. Lightly brush each square with olive oil, leaving a 1/4-inch border.
- Bake until starting to turn light golden brown, about 6 minutes.
- Evenly cover each square with goat cheese and return to the oven until the crust is golden brown and slightly crisp and the cheese is melted, 2 to 4 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and let cool slightly. Cut each square in half diagonally.
- Arrange smoked salmon on each pieces and top with a dollop of salmon roe. Sprinkle with shallots, garnish with a small sprig of dill, and serve immediately.