Prep 24 hrs
Cook 8 hrs
Prep time includes refrigeration time. Cook time depends on smoker, size and cut of meat.
Make and share this Smoked Pulled Pork recipe from Food.com.
- Combine dry ingredients, making sure to break up any sugar clumps. Reserve 1/4 cup of rub for later. Rub pork with remaining rub and place in large ziplock or aluminum foil and refrigerate overnight or until ready to smoke.
- Before smoking pork, re-rub with 1/4 cup of rub. Let pork come to room temp while smoker heats up to 220-240 degrees, about 45 minutes.
- Smoke pork for 3 hours, then to speed up cooking and keep pork moist, wrap pork in heavy duty foil for remainder of smoking time. Pork will take at least 2 hours per pound to reach an internal temp of 195 degrees. If smoker cooks too low or if it's taking too long, put the foil-wrapped pork in the oven at 250 degrees to finish.
- When pork reaches internal temp of 195 degrees. Remove from smoker and place a heavy duty towel over foil-wrapped pork for 30 minutes-3 hours.
- Shred or pull pork with two forks or your hands, making sure to distribute the seasoned outer pieces with the inner pieces. Serve with your favorite sauce!