Prep 20 mins
Cook 40 mins
I was given a large jar of smoked paprika - this is one of the recipes I found when trying to find ways to use it. It's a simple, inexpensive and fairly quick recipe that we enjoyed. From Southern Living.
- 1⁄4 cup smoked paprika
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh thyme leaves
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon fresh coarse ground black pepper
- 5 lbs assorted chicken pieces
- 2 lemons, thinly sliced
- lemon slice, fresh thyme sprigs
- Stir together first 5 ingredients to form a paste.
- Spread half of paprika mixture evenly underneath skin of chicken pieces. Place 1 to 2 lemon slices underneath skin on top of paprika mixture. Arrange chicken pieces in a single layer on a wire rack in an aluminum foil-lined broiler pan or 17- x 12-inch jelly-roll pan. Rub remaining paprika mixture evenly over skin.
- Bake at 425° for 35 to 40 minutes or until a meat thermometer inserted into thickest portions registers 165°. Let chicken stand 5 minutes; lightly brush with pan juices just before serving. Garnish, if desired.