Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 0 mins
Cook 20 mins
Tart greens and smoky cheese with pancetta. Sinful yet full of vitamins. I read this recipe in a book a few years ago. I don't remember the book or if the portions are the same. What I know is that I make it often and it tastes yummy. Good with Italian sausage too!
- extra virgin olive oil
- 3 ounces pancetta, diced
- 1⁄2 cup white onion, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, diced
- 1 lb greens, chopped (mustard, collard, beet, turnip, kale, or swiss chard)
- 1 cup chicken stock
- 4 ounces smoked mozzarella cheese, cubed
- 1 lb penne pasta, cooked
- dried chili pepper flakes
- salt and pepper
- Heat EVOO in a large pan. Brown pancetta, and onion.
- Add garlic and chili flakes (do not burn garlic).
- Add greens and cook until wilted.
- Add chicken stock and cook until stock reduces (about 10-15 minutes).
- Add pasta and cheese toss, add salt and pepper to taste, serve.
Easy, fast and delicious! I had lots of organic swiss chard to use, and this recipe was a great find. Used regular bacon instead of pancetta but agree Italian sausage would be yummy, too. Smoked mozzarella gives a distinctive flavor, but would also be good with fresh cubed mozzarella. Thanks for sharing the recipe!