Tart greens and smoky cheese with pancetta. Sinful yet full of vitamins. I read this recipe in a book a few years ago. I don't remember the book or if the portions are the same. What I know is that I make it often and it tastes yummy. Good with Italian sausage too!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- extra virgin olive oil
- 3 ounces pancetta, diced
- 1/2 cup white onion, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, diced
- 1 lb greens, chopped (mustard, collard, beet, turnip, kale, or swiss chard)
- 1 cup chicken stock
- 4 ounces smoked mozzarella cheese, cubed
- 1 lb penne pasta, cooked
- dried chili pepper flakes
- salt and pepper
- 1Heat EVOO in a large pan. Brown pancetta, and onion.
- 2Add garlic and chili flakes (do not burn garlic).
- 3Add greens and cook until wilted.
- 4Add chicken stock and cook until stock reduces (about 10-15 minutes).
- 5Add pasta and cheese toss, add salt and pepper to taste, serve.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Smoked Mozzarella and Greens Penne
Serving Size: 1 (428 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 525.4
- Calories from Fat 85
- Total Fat 9.4 g
- Saturated Fat 4.2 g
- Cholesterol 24.2 mg
- Sodium 268.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 95.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 12.8 g
- Sugars 2.1 g
- Protein 16.6 g
The following items or measurements are not included: