1/5 Photos of Smoked Ham and Cheese Toasties
I found this recipe in a weekend magazine. It makes for such a great brunch or lunch. Simple, quick and tasty.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Melt the butter in a small frying pan over low heat. Add the flour and cook for 1-2 minutes or until sandy like in texture. Gradually whisk in the milk, add the 1/4 cup of cheese and cook, stirring, for 3-4 minutes or until thickened and set aside.
- 2Spread half the bread slices with the mustard and top with the extra cheese and then ham.
- 3Spread the remaining slices with the pre made cheese mixture and sandwich both sides together. Spread the sandwiches with butter on both sides.
- 4Heat a large non-stick frying pan over high heat and using extra butter, cook sandwiches (pending on pan size in batches ) for approx 2-3 minutes each side or until golden and the cheese is melted.
- 5Serve whilst hot.
Browse Our Top < 15 Mins Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All < 15 Mins Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Smoked Ham and Cheese Toasties
Serving Size: 1 (208 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 464.9
- Calories from Fat 253
- Total Fat 28.1 g
- Saturated Fat 15.4 g
- Cholesterol 94.6 mg
- Sodium 1360.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 31.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.2 g
- Sugars 2.3 g
- Protein 21.9 g