Prep 0 mins
Cook 35 mins
Tasty and simple to make
- 1 lb potato, peeled and coarsely grated
- 1 large onion, peeled and coarsely grated
- 2 -3 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 lb smoked haddock, skinned and tiny bones removed
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- salt and pepper
- 1⁄2 lemon, rind of, finely grated
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley, chopped
- 2 tablespoons creme fraiche
- Rinse onion in cold water, dry in a dish towel.
- Dry Potatoes in a dish towel.
- Mix onion, garlic and potatoes.
- Slice Haddock.
- Heat oil, add 1/2 of potato mixture, press down, season.
- Add a layer of fish.
- Sprinkle with lemon, parsley and pepper.
- Top with remaining potatoes, press down firmly.
- Cover with tin foil and cook ovr lowest heat for 25-30 minutes.
- Pre heat Grill 2-3 minutes before the end of cooking time.
- Remove tin foil and brown under the grill.
- Serve on a warmed dish with Salad, Creme Fraiche and Lemon Wedges.