1/2 Photos of Smoked Fish Pie
Fleur Winger's Note:
This is a quick and easy family meal.Any type of fish can be used, I use King Fish but even tinned fish will suffice. Kumara is a New Zealand sweet potato. Any sweet potato can be used or even just plain potato.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 500 g smoked fish fillet
- 1 medium diced onion
- 3 large dill sprigs
- 59.14 ml chopped parsley
- 14.79 ml olive oil
- 354.88 ml grated tasty cheese
- 59.14 ml breadcrumbs
- 4.92 ml paprika
- 4 large diced kumara (Steamed)
- 2 cloves finely diced garlic
- salt and pepper
- 100 g butter
- 118.29 ml flour
- 400 ml cream
- 250 ml milk (1 cup)
- 1Melt butter over a low heat.
- 2Add flour and salt n pepper and cook until it resembles bread crumbs.
- 3Remove from heat and add cream and milk gradually stirring between each addition with a whisk.
- 4Put back onto heat and stir until thick.
- 5Saute' onion in a little olive oil, add curry powder and cook until onion is clear and curry is aromatic.
- 6Chop dill finely and add onion, curry, dill and parsley to white sauce.
- 7Flake up fish and add to sauce, fold in gently and put into pie dish.
- 8Lightly mash together Kumara, garlic and salt n pepper.
- 9Lay evenly over fish and sauce, sprinkle grated cheese on top then bread crumbs and top with a sprinkle of paprika.
- 10Bake at 170 degrees Celsius for 20 minutes.
Browse Our Top Saltwater Fish Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Saltwater Fish Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Smoked Fish Pie
Serving Size: 1 (238 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 575.8
- Calories from Fat 341
- Total Fat 37.9 g
- Saturated Fat 22.6 g
- Cholesterol 137.0 mg
- Sodium 1063.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 31.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.0 g
- Sugars 3.9 g
- Protein 28.4 g
The following items or measurements are not included: