Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
From a book my Aunt Debbie shared with me. The Treasury OF White Trash Cooking. I love it!
Make and share this Sluicey-dab in a Foot Tub recipe from Food.com.
- Shred lettuce thinly.
- Thinly slice cucumber and onion Chop up tomato courselyThrow together in a large bowl or foot tub.
- Add sour cream mayonnaise and cider vinegar until the vegetables are covered about a quarter inch--the salad should be rather thin and"sluicey"---soupy.
- Amounts are probably about 2 pints mayonnaise to one half pint vinegar and one pint sour cream.
- (That`s a guess) Lots of salt and pepper to taste You`ll know when it`s right.
- Runny, Soupy, and wilted.
- It`s better from the ice box.
- And even better left over on sandwiches.
- I Have The Cookbook!
This recipe comes from one of the FUNNIEST cook books I've ever read. The author is Ernest Matthew Mickler. I found the book in a library. Maybe you can too. Thanks, Rhonda O.
My Mom use to make a salad somewhat like this one. I thought the vinegar and sour cream added to the mayo gave a nice flavor to the dressing. I have had this with radishes but I think I like the cucumber better. Thanks RhondaO for your recipe.