1/6 Photos of Slow Roasted Leg of Lamb With Oregano and Lemon
3 hrs 15 mins
From an Australian Women's Weekly Cookbook. This is lemony but yummy, discard the roasted lemon pieces.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 kg leg of lamb
- 3 cloves garlic, quartered
- 1/4 cup loosely packed fresh oregano
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- 1 cup chicken stock
- 1/3 cup lemon juice
- 1 kg tiny new potatoes, quartered lengthways
- 1 medium lemon, cut into 8 ths
- 2/3 cup olive, pitted,i used a mix of green and black
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 cup water
- 1Preheat oven to hot.
- 2Using sharp knife, pierce 12 cuts into lamb; press garlic and oregano into cuts.
- 3Place lamb in large flameproof baking dish; pour wine, stock and juice over lamb.
- 4Cover tightly; roast lamb in hot oven 30 minutes then reduce temperature to moderate; roast lamb, covered tightly, brushing occasionally with pan juices, for a further 3 hours or until lamb is extremely tender.
- 5When lamb has about 1 hour left to roast, place potato, lemon and olives in separate baking dish; drizzle with oil, and place in oven; roast, uncovered, until browned and tender.
- 6Transfer lamb to serving dish; cover to keep warm.
- 7Heat 1 tablespoon of the reserved lamb juices in same flameproof baking dish; stir in flour.
- 8Cook, stirring, until mixture is well browned.
- 9Gradually stir in remaining lamb juices and the water; stir until gravy boils and thickens.
- 10Slice lamb; serve with potato mixture and gravy.
Browse Our Top Lamb/Sheep Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lamb/Sheep Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Slow Roasted Leg of Lamb With Oregano and Lemon
Serving Size: 1 (644 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 873.0
- Calories from Fat 446
- Total Fat 49.6 g
- Saturated Fat 20.0 g
- Cholesterol 224.5 mg
- Sodium 390.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 34.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.0 g
- Sugars 3.6 g
- Protein 66.8 g