Recipe by Kittencal@recipezazz
Make these on a day when you don't need your oven, as they will take about 6-8 hours to roast. I most always roast them early in the morning, so I will have my oven free to use or roast them early in the evening. They are absolutely wonderful on pizza, focaccia or on top of crusty bread, or even just as a side dish. The longer that you roast them the more intense the flavor. You can really use as much garlic as you desire. These will keep for up to 2 weeks tightly covered in a glass jar.
- 4 lbs plum tomatoes, halved lengthwise (use plum tomatoes only for this)
- 6 -8 minced fresh garlic cloves
- 5 tablespoons olive oil
- black pepper (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Set oven to 200 degrees.
- Place the tomatoes cut-side up in a shallow roasting pan.
- In a small bowl combine the minced garlic and oil; spoon over the top tof the tomatoes.
- Sprinkle with salt (and black pepper if desired).
- Roast for 6-8 hours (roast 8 hours for a more intense flavor).
- Cool to room temperature and serve, or store in a glass jar with a tight fitting lid refrigerated for up to 2 weeks.
- NOTE** if you are serving the chilled tomatoes as a side dish, bring to almost room temperature before serving.