Prep 15 mins
Cook 7 hrs
Here's a pork stew recipe that takes little prep time and no watching. Simply put the ingredients in a crockpot and dinner's ready when you get home from work or shopping!
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 1⁄2 lbs boneless pork shoulder, cut into 1-1/2-inch pieces
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- 4 cups unpeeled red potatoes, quartered
- 2 cups ready-to-eat baby carrots, cut in half lengthwise
- 1 (12 ounce) jar pork gravy
- 2 tablespoons ketchup
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried rosemary leaves
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground sage
- 1 1⁄2 cups green giant valley fresh steamers frozen cut green beans, thawed
- In 10-inch skillet, heat oil over high heat until hot. Add pork; sprinkle with salt and 1/8 teaspoon pepper. Cook 3 to 5 minutes, stirring frequently, until browned.
- In 3 1/2- to 4-quart slow cooker, mix pork and remaining ingredients except green beans.
- Cover; cook on Low heat setting 7 to 8 hours.
- About 20 minutes before serving, stir thawed green beans into stew. Increase heat setting to High. Cover; cook 15 to 20 minutes longer or until green beans are tender.
My husband that does not cook surprized me with this meal. He added some things like worcestershire sauce, bay leaves, and shallots. Turned out great!!!