Recipe by Chris Reynolds
Here's a pork stew recipe that takes little prep time and no watching. Simply put the ingredients in a crockpot and dinner's ready when you get home from work or shopping!
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 1⁄2 lbs boneless pork shoulder, cut into 1-1/2-inch pieces
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- 4 cups unpeeled red potatoes, quartered
- 2 cups ready-to-eat baby carrots, cut in half lengthwise
- 1 (12 ounce) jar pork gravy
- 2 tablespoons ketchup
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried rosemary leaves
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground sage
- 1 1⁄2 cups green giant valley fresh steamers frozen cut green beans, thawed
Directions See How It's Made
- In 10-inch skillet, heat oil over high heat until hot. Add pork; sprinkle with salt and 1/8 teaspoon pepper. Cook 3 to 5 minutes, stirring frequently, until browned.
- In 3 1/2- to 4-quart slow cooker, mix pork and remaining ingredients except green beans.
- Cover; cook on Low heat setting 7 to 8 hours.
- About 20 minutes before serving, stir thawed green beans into stew. Increase heat setting to High. Cover; cook 15 to 20 minutes longer or until green beans are tender.