Prep 15 mins
Cook 4 hrs
This is a recipe I found in a crockpot book somewhere and then adapted to our personal tastes. It always gets rave reviews when we serve it to guests. Its a great comfort food!
- 1 lb ground beef (we sometimes use venison)
- 1 medium white onion, chopped
- 8 ounces rigatoni pasta, cooked
- 7 ounces sliced mushrooms, drained
- 2 1⁄4 ounces black olives, chopped
- 6 ounces pepperoni
- 24 ounces pizza sauce
- 10 ounces mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 10 ounces cheddar cheese, shredded
- Brown beef in saucepan with onions. Drain.
- Layer half of each of the following, in order given, in slow cooker: ground beef and onions, noodles, mushrooms, olives, pepperoni, sauce, cheddar, and mozarella. Then repeat layers. *note: make sure to spread the sauce out evenly to cover the entire surface of the layer to help keep the noodles from drying out*.
- Cover and cook on low 3-4 hours.
- We like to add a bit of shredded parmesan to the top when we serve it.
This was good and easy to make. I think there is an error in the ingredients list as it states to use 16 jars of pizza sauce. I used one 30 ounce jar. I also used 16 ounces of pasta and followed the rest of the recipe as written. Hubby and the kids thought it was missing something and added salt and pepper to the mixture. My family normally doesn't eat black olives but I cut them up really small and they didn't even notice them. This cooked up in my crock pot in 2 hours. Nice easy meal to make.