Recipe by ElizabethKnicely
The name says it all...short ribs become exceedingly tender when slow-cooked in a flavorful combination of French onion soup, ale, garlic, brown sugar and seasonings.
- 1360.77 g beef short ribs, pieces
- 29.58 ml packed brown sugar
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 4.92 ml dried thyme leaves, crushed
- 59.14 ml all-purpose flour
- 297.66 g can condensed French onion soup
- 12 fluid ounce bottle dark beer or 12 fluid ounce bottle beer
Directions See How It's Made
- Place the beef in a 5-quart slow cooker. Add the brown sugar, garlic, thyme and flour and toss to coat. Pour the soup and ale over the beef mixture.
- Cover and cook on LOW for 8 to 9 hours or until the beef is fork-tender.
- RECIPE TIPS:.
- Time-Saving: Recipe may be cooked on HIGH for 4 to 5 hours.
- Serving Suggestion: This recipe is delicious served over hot mashed potatoes or noodles.