Prep 15 mins
Cook 4 hrs
A delicious recipe from my "Best Loved Slow Cooker Recipes" book.
- 226.79 g can pizza sauce (divided)
- 1 egg, beaten
- 118.29 ml chopped onion
- 118.29 ml chopped green pepper
- 78.07 ml seasoned dry bread crumb
- 2.46 ml garlic salt
- 1.23 ml black pepper
- 680.38 g ground beef
- 236.59 ml shredded mozzarella cheese
- Reserve 1/3 cup pizza sauce; cover and refrigerate.
- In a bowl, combine remaining pizza sauce with next 7 ingredients. Mix together well.
- Form meat mixture into loaf and place into crockpot. (place 3 intersecting strips of foil in the bottom of the slow-cooker to aid in removing the meatloaf later).
- Cover and cook on low for 8-10 hrs or on high for 4-6 hours (To ensure doneness, insert a meat thermo into centre of loaf; internal temp should read 170°F.).
- Spread loaf with reserved 1/3 cup pizza sauce. Sprinkle with mozzarella cheese. Cover and let cook for another 15 minutes, or until cheese is melted.
- Remove meatloaf to serving dish, slice, and enjoy!
My husband made this meatloaf back when we were dating and we forgot about it until tonight when I made it.... the best meatloaf I have ever made!