Prep 10 mins
Cook 8 hrs
This well seasoned spaghetti sauce is made with chicken breasts and tomatoes, along with Italian style seasonings and Mozzarella cheese. Serve this flavorful chicken with spaghetti and a tossed salad.
- 1 (8 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 6 -8 boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 1 (6 ounce) can tomato paste
- 3 tablespoons water
- 3 medium garlic cloves, minced
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano leaves, crushed
- 1 teaspoon sugar (to taste)
- hot cooked spaghetti
- 4 ounces shredded mozzarella cheese
- grated parmesan cheese
- If desired, brown the chicken in hot oil; drain. Sprinkle generously with salt and pepper. Arrange chicken in slow cooker.
- Combine tomato sauce, tomato paste, water, garlic, oregano and sugar; pour over the chicken. Cover and cook on LOW for 6 to 8 hours.
- Remove chicken and keep warm. Turn cooker to high heat setting, stir mozzarella cheese into sauce. Cook uncovered, till cheese melts and sauce is heated through. Serve chicken and sauce over hot cooked spaghetti. Serve with Parmesan cheese.