Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
I cut this recipe out of a magazine -- I cannot remember which one. I tweaked a bit to our tastes.
Make and share this Slow Cooker Hearty Italian Sandwiches recipe from Food.com.
- Brown meat.
- After meat is browned, add 1/4 teaspoon red pepper and garlic and simmer until flavors blend, about 4 to 5 minutes.
- In slow cooker, place 1/3 of onions and peppers.
- Top with 1/2 of meat.
- Repeat layers of vegetables and meat, topping with remaining vegetables.
- Sprinkle with salt, pepper and remaining 1/4 teaspoon crushed pepper.
- Cover and cook on low for 6 to 8 hours.
- Using slotted spoon, serve 1 cup of mixture on bun. Top with shredded cheese.
Great flavors! It's always nice to have an easy & healthy crock pot recipe.
Fantastic! My husband and I thoroughly enjoyed these for supper tonight. We had to reduce the ingredients because it was only for the two of us. I wasn't real sure how much to reduce it but they turned out great.