Prep 35 mins
Cook 8 hrs
This is from a slow cooker cookbook. This is a nice and easy recipe.
Make and share this Slow Cooker Chicken Tortilla Soup recipe from Food.com.
- 4 chicken breast halves
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 (14 1/2 ounce) cans chicken broth
- 2 (14 1/2 ounce) cans stewed tomatoes
- 1 cup salsa (mild, medium or hot, whichever you prefer)
- 1⁄2 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin (or more if you like)
- 8 ounces monterey jack cheese, cubed
- sour cream
- tortilla chips
- Cook, debone and shred chicken.
- Add minced garlic to butter in slow cooker. Saute.
- Combine all ingredients except cheese, sour cream and chips.
- Cover. Cook on low for 8 hours.
- Divide cubed cheese among 6 individual bowls.
- Ladle soup over cheese.
- Sprinkle with chips.
- Top each bowl with a dollop of sour cream.
Oh so good! Had this soup at a GF's house, and begged for the recipe. I love that I can throw it together in the morning and it will be ready at dinner time.
Awesome tortilla soup! The flavors came together very nicely. It was so easy to just throw in the crock pot and let it go. I started out with raw chicken breasts and shredded them at the end. Thanks so much for posting! Made for My 3 Chefs '08.