1/1 Photo of Slow Cooker Chicken Tortilla Soup
8 hrs 35 mins
This is from a slow cooker cookbook. This is a nice and easy recipe.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 4 chicken breast halves
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 (14 1/2 ounce) cans chicken broth
- 2 (14 1/2 ounce) cans stewed tomatoes
- 1 cup salsa (mild, medium or hot, whichever you prefer)
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin (or more if you like)
- 1Cook, debone and shred chicken.
- 2Add minced garlic to butter in slow cooker. Saute.
- 3Combine all ingredients except cheese, sour cream and chips.
- 4Cover. Cook on low for 8 hours.
- 5Divide cubed cheese among 6 individual bowls.
- 6Ladle soup over cheese.
- 7Sprinkle with chips.
- 8Top each bowl with a dollop of sour cream.
Browse Our Top Chicken Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Slow Cooker Chicken Tortilla Soup
Serving Size: 1 (434 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 345.2
- Calories from Fat 197
- Total Fat 21.8 g
- Saturated Fat 11.6 g
- Cholesterol 76.8 mg
- Sodium 1318.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 13.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.3 g
- Sugars 7.2 g
- Protein 25.1 g