Prep 25 mins
Cook 4 hrs
I have been making this Moroccan-style recipe for years. It's so easy to make, it has become a tradition in our household.
- 1 onion, sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced (optional)
- 2 large carrots, peeled and diced
- 2 large sweet potatoes, peeled and diced
- 425.24 g can garbanzo beans, drained and rinsed
- 907.18 g boneless skinless chicken breast halves, cut into 2-inch pieces
- 2.46 ml ground cumin
- 2.46 ml ground turmeric
- 1.23 ml ground cinnamon
- 2.46 ml ground black pepper
- 4.92 ml dried parsley
- 4.92 ml salt
- 411.06 g can diced tomatoes
- Place the onion, garlic, carrots, sweet potatoes, garbanzo beans, and chicken and vegetables. Pour in the tomatoes, and stir to combine.
- Cover the cooker, set to HIGH, and cook until the sweet potatoes are tender and the sauce has thickened, 4 to 5 hours.
Very tasty and easy to make. I cooked everything on low for 8 hours, so the flavors could really work their magic. I also doubled the spices, and it came out just right. This one is a keeper, for sure.
This didn't fare well for us I did omit the onion and salt for dietary reasons or otherwise made as per recipe but allowed 4 to 6 hours for cooking in my crock pot at the 4 hour mark the chicken was cooked nicely but the vegies were still hard and by the 5 hour mark the vegies were perfect but the chicken had become dry and even though the dish smelt wonderful the flavours did not come out in the taste, therefore if making again I would use skinless thigh and add more spices, thank you ElizabethKnicely, made for Best of 2013 and recommended by loof.
Wow - this is absolutely delicious! I used about half the chicken called for and took the suggestion of another reviewer and doubled the spices (except the salt). Smelled amazing while cooking and came out with a rich, hearty, flavorful meal. As expected, leftovers were terrific as well. Thanks for sharing a keeper! Made for ZWT9, The Apron String Travelers