Prep 15 mins
Cook 5 hrs
I love using my slow cooker and I make this recipe often. My mother has been making this for years and gave me the recipe. I use chicken breast tenderloins, but breasts can be used as well.
- 1 1⁄4 lbs chicken tenderloins
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can condensed cheddar cheese soup
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can condensed cream of chicken soup
- 1 1⁄4 cups water
- 3⁄4 cup milk
- 1 -2 celery rib, chopped
- 1⁄2 small white onion, sliced
- salt and pepper
- cooked white rice
- Mix soups, water, and milk in slow-cooker.
- Add chicken, celery, and onion to slow-cooker.
- Cook on low heat setting 5-6 hours.
- Serve over hot cooked rice and season to your taste with salt and pepper. Enjoy!
This was an easy and tasty dish. I did cut the water down to about 3/4 cup and left the milk at 3/4 cup so the liquid wouldn't be to thin...it worked for us. Also I did add some garlic (almost always do for us) and a little more onion. Next time I might add some veggies as another reviewer suggested. There will be a next time. Thank you. Made for SPRING PAC 2010.
I had a little trouble with this recipe. It seemed to be too much liquid and the sauce came out very thin. I followed the ingredients exactly as written. So, near the time it was supposed to be done, I added the uncooked rice to the crockpot for about an hour. The last 10 or 15 minutes I took the top off and turned it on high to boil off some of the liquid. The flavor was fine. My 2 year old ate two helpings. Are the liquid measurements correct?
As a lover of one-pot meals and comfort food I highly recommend this. It was equally good as a leftover. I did 3 things differently: used 1 cup milk and 1 cup water, substituted brown rice, and added a bag of frozen mixed veggies (carrots, peas, corn). My DH loved it. I gave it to my sister and her family loved it. Thank you, lilchris.