Prep 0 mins
Cook 10 hrs
A lower fat version I took from another website.
- 2 (16 ounce) packages frozen broccoli, chopped
- 10 ounces can cheddar cheese soup
- 12 ounces fat-free evaporated milk
- 2 1⁄2 cups fat-free half-and-half
- 1⁄4 cup onion, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon italian seasoning mix
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground pepper
- 2 ounces fat-free cheddar cheese
- Combine all ingredients (do not thaw broccoli) and place in slow cooker. Cover and cook on low for 8-10 hours. Serve!
I was a little disappointed in this soup. It looked so yummy when it was done cooking.... just the right thickness/texture. But it tasted very bland. I even had doubled the onions and used 2% cheddar in place of fat free. I stirred in a little garlic powder and cayenne to help it out a little. I think this would work better with a good flavored chicken broth instead of the evaporated milk. Also, garlic, cayenne and some paprika in conjuction with the broth may produce a better flavor. Maybe even using Healthy Request cream of broccoli soup and skip the cheese soup? I think the recipe is worth playing around with. Thanx for sharing it.