Prep 15 mins
Cook 8 hrs
This makes the most moist and tendar BBQ I have ever had. I recommend cooking it on low.
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 boston butt roast, 3 1/2- to 4-pound
- 1 cup hunt's hickory & brown sugar barbecue sauce
- 1⁄4 cup white vinegar
- Heat the oil in a 10-inch skillet over medium-high heat. Add the pork and cook until it’s well browned on all sides.
- Stir the barbecue sauce and vinegar in a 5-quart slow cooker. Add the pork and turn to coat.
- Cover and cook on LOW for 8 to 9 hours, (or on HIGH for 4 to 5 hours,) until the pork is fork-tender.
- Remove the pork from the cooker to a cutting board and let stand for 10 minutes. Then, using 2 forks, shred the pork. Return the pork to the cooker.
- Serve on buns or sandwich rolls.