Prep 15 mins
Cook 9 hrs
Chuck roast that comes out tender and juicy after cooking all day in the crockpot.
Make and share this Slow-Cooked Pot Roast With Wine recipe from Food.com.
- Sprinkle roast with salt and pepper; coat with flour.
- In a large skillet heat olive oil over medium-hight heat.
- Sear roast on all sides, 2-3 minutes per side.
- Transfer to slow cooker.
- Add onions to pan and cook until browned.
- Add remaining ingredients to onions.
- Cook, stirring until mixture is simmering.
- Pour over roast; cover and cook on high 1 hour.
- Taste broth and adjust with salt and pepper if needed.
- Reduce heat to low and cook 8-10 hours longer (or continue cooking on high 4-5 hours).
- Transfer roast to a serving platter an d cover to keep warm.
- Pour juices in a saucepan and simmer about 10 minutes to reduce excess liquid, if desired.
My other half had been asking for a pot roast for some time now, & I finally satisfied him with your recipe! I followed the recipe as well as the tips from other reviewers about adding a few potatoes & carrots to the mix, & it turned out great! Leftovers were well received, too! Definitely something I'd make again! Thanks so much for posting the recipe! [Tagged & made in Please Review My Recipe]
This roast smelled absolutely fabulous and it was delicious. I used a top sirloin roast instead but other than that, followed the recipe exactly. My guests thought it was excellent.Although I took a photo of it in the crockpot, I had meant to take a photo after I cut and plated it, but I forgot to do it. Now there isn't enough left to take a photo of. Great recipe so try it, you'll like it. Made for PAC 2011. Thx Nikki.
This was very good! So tender! I also added potatoes and carrots. Leftovers will be used for tacos this weekend for the Super Bowl! Made for Make My Recipe Tag Game 2011.