Chuck roast that comes out tender and juicy after cooking all day in the crockpot.
Make and share this Slow-Cooked Pot Roast With Wine recipe from Food.com.
- Sprinkle roast with salt and pepper; coat with flour.
- In a large skillet heat olive oil over medium-hight heat.
- Sear roast on all sides, 2-3 minutes per side.
- Transfer to slow cooker.
- Add onions to pan and cook until browned.
- Add remaining ingredients to onions.
- Cook, stirring until mixture is simmering.
- Pour over roast; cover and cook on high 1 hour.
- Taste broth and adjust with salt and pepper if needed.
- Reduce heat to low and cook 8-10 hours longer (or continue cooking on high 4-5 hours).
- Transfer roast to a serving platter an d cover to keep warm.
- Pour juices in a saucepan and simmer about 10 minutes to reduce excess liquid, if desired.