Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
Adapted from menus4moms.com, this uses leftover sloppy joes and combines two family favorites.
- 2 cups sloppy joe meat (Sloppy Joes or your favorite)
- 3⁄4 cup frozen corn, thawed (optional)
- 1⁄2 cup sliced green onion
- 1 1⁄2 cups colby-monterey jack cheese (or Mexican Blend, Cheddar, etc.)
- 1 lb pizza dough (1/2 of Basic Pizza Dough)
- Preheat oven to 450*.
- Roll out pizza dough to 12-14 inches, place in sprayed pizza pan or on preheated stone and pre-bake for about 10 minutes.
- While crust is baking: In a skillet, combine Sloppy Joe filling, corn, and green onions; Heat through.
- Spread mixture on top of pre-baked pizza crust and sprinkle with cheese.
- Bake for 5-10 more minutes or until cheese is melted.
Loved this. It's worth keeping in mind when you're making sloppy joes, that you reserve enough for this pizza! (Two cups is actually more than I thought it would be.) Also, you do need all the cheese to hold everything together. I can't think of a single complaint. I didn't include corn, only because I didn't have any. I think it would have been a nice addition though. This is most definitely a keeper! Thanks Karen!