Prep 10 mins
Cook 25 mins
Quick and fabulous! This is a fantastic, quick and easy recipe. Our kids LOVE this! No need to buy buns for this recipe! A wonderful quick lunch for unexpected company with on-hand ingredients! ENJOY!
- 1 1⁄2 lbs ground turkey or 1 1⁄2 lbs ground venison or 1 1⁄2 lbs ground beef
- 15 1⁄2 ounces sloppy joe sandwich sauce
- 8 ounces cheddar cheese, shredded
- 2 cups Bisquick
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 cup milk
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds
- In skillet, cook meat and drain if necessary.
- Stir in sauce; mix well.
- Pour into lightly greased 9 x13 pan.
- Sprinkle with cheese.
- In a bowl, combine Bisquick, eggs and milk just until blended; pour over cheese.
- Sprinkle with sesame seeds.
- Bake uncovered at 400 degrees Fahrenheit for 25 minutes or until golden brown.
This was good and economical. I used 2 lbs. ground beef. Instead of the sloppy joe sauce, I used Ragu's Chunky Tomato, garlic, and onion sauce (1 lb. 10 oz.). I did not use add the sesame seed. I would make this again for a weekday meal.
This is very similar to a recipe I have and the kids love this. I sprinkle the topping with chili powder and celery salt and sometimes I puree kidney beans and hide them in the sauce. (Don't tell my kids that part!)
My family really liked this dish. Definitely use AT LEAST 1 1/2 pounds of meat - otherwise you end up with too much topping (as in my case). It was still a very simple and tasty meal. Thanks for posting.