Recipe by MarieRynr
This is a very tasty loaf that your family will love. Easy, quick and delicious!
Top Review by wife2abadge
This was very good! My picky 7-year-old didn't like it, but the rest of us did. I didn't really roll out the dough. It sort of unrolls and I just stretched it out a bit. It probably wasn't as pretty as it could have been, but we didn't care :-)
- 1 lb extra lean ground beef
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 (8 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dried basil leaves
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dried oregano leaves
- 1⁄4 teaspoon fennel seed
- 1 (11 ounce) can Pillsbury refrigerated crusty french loaf
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oven to 350*F. Spray cookie sheet and large skillet with nonstick cooking spray. In sprayed skillet combine ground beef and onion; cook until beef is thoroughly cooked, stirring. Drain.
- Add tomato sauce, flour and spices. Mix well. Reduce heat to medium low and simmer 5 minutes. Remove from heat.
- Meanwhile, remove dough from can and place on lightly floured surface. Cut loaf in half lengthwise. Roll each half to form a 16 X 4 inch rectangle. Place 1 dough rectangle on sprayed cookie sheet, being careful not to change shape.
- Stir 1/2 cup of the cheese into the gorund beef mixture. Spoon and spread mixture over dough rectangle. Sprinkle with remaining cheese; top with remaining dough rectangle.
- Bake at 350*F for 25 to 30 minutes or until golden brown.
- Cut in slices to serve.
- Note* if you wish you may substitute your own bread dough recipe for the refrigerated dough. This is what I do as I can't get the refrigerated dough over here.