Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
My family really liked this recipe. When I made this I cooked my sloppy joe mix in a pot then poured it into a oven safe dish topped it with the biscuits and baked it for 20 minutes at 350. I recoomend more biscuits being baked as I didn't think there was enough biscuits. The sloppy joe seasoning has 8 servings per container and has 10 calories per serving, 3 carbs, 1 sugar, and 410 mg sodium. I got this recipe from Pinching Your Pennies.
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 lbs lean ground beef
- 2 (1 1/3 ounce) packets sloppy joe seasoning mix
- 2 (6 ounce) cans tomato paste
- 2 cups water
- 16 ounces prepared refrigerated biscuits
- Heat a 12 inch Dutch oven over 9 hot coals.
- Brown onion and ground beef. Add seasoning mix, tomato paste and water, stirring well, and bring to a boil.
- Separate individual biscuits and place on top of the meat mixture.
- Cover with Dutch oven lid and place 15 hot coals on top. Cook covered, for 15-20 minutes, or until biscuits are browned and cooked through.