Recipe by PhylPhyl
A co-worker shared this recipe with my family quite a few years ago, and it quickly became our favorite zucchini bread. Nice and moist, and most people don't realize they're eating zucchini bread. I hope you enjoy this as much as we do.
- 236.59 ml cooking oil
- 236.59 ml granulated sugar (white)
- 236.59 ml packed brown sugar
- 3 eggs
- 14.78 ml vanilla extract
- 4.92 ml cinnamon
- 4.92 ml nutmeg
- 1.23 ml baking powder
- 4.92 ml baking soda
- 709.77 ml all-purpose flour
- 118.29 ml coconut
- 473.18 ml grated zucchini (heaping)
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix eggs, oil, white sugar, brown sugar, and vanilla until well blended. (I mix this by hand but an electric mixer can also be used.).
- In separate bowl, combine dry ingredients (flour, baking soda, baking powder, cinnamon and nutmeg).
- Add dry ingredients to the egg mixture and mix well.
- Add the coconut and zucchini and mix well. (I use my food processer rather than grating the zucchini, and I just make sure it is chopped very fine -- much easier than hand grating.).
- Pour into greased pan. This recipe originally called for using a 9x5 bread loaf, but I tend to use the mini loaf pans because we can't eat an entire 9x5 loaf that quickly.
- Bake at 350 degrees for approximately 60 minutes if using the 9x5 pan (or until toothpick or cake tester comes out clean when inserted near the middle). When I use the smaller bread/loaf pans, I use 4 of the pans and bake for 35-45 minutes depending on which oven I am using (one oven bakes faster/hotter than the other).
- I have found this bread is even better the next day, and it can easily be frozen.