Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr
I made this one night to go along side a casserole. I was short options for a vegetable dish, and this is what I came up with. It turned out wonderful. This is for 2 servings. I like to use the leftover cabbage for coleslaw or chopped cabbaged gives a lovely texture to lettuce salads.
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Line a sheet pan with foil. (I used an 8x2").
- Treat the pan with 1 Tbsp of olive oil and spread to coat evenly.
- Slice cabbage with core-side down. You should end up with 6-8 slices. Don't slice into core. Just use sides of the cabbage.
- Place sliced cabbage in two rows, each slice slightly overlapping.
- Drizzle 2 Tbsp of olive oil and apple cider vinegar over each row. (If your cabbage is rather large, increase it to 3 tablespoons Again, use your own judgement).
- Next, sprinkle on Caraway seeds, garlic powder and salt-n-pepper.
- Cover with another sheet of foil.
- Bake for 45 min - 1 hour -- ovens vary.
- To serve, arrange slices along side your favorite meat dishes or casseroles.
- Variation: You can also add sliced bell pepper and sweet onion to this, by putting the vegies in between the sliced cabbage.
Loved the caraway seeds on this. My cabbage really took a little over the full hour to cook. I used 1/2 a head of green cabbage, cored it then proceeded with the recipe. The 1/2 head made 3 nice servings. This was served as a side with Mac and Cheese With Polish Sausage (Low Fat)