1/2 Photos of Sliced, Baked Cabbage
1 hr 10 mins
I made this one night to go along side a casserole. I was short options for a vegetable dish, and this is what I came up with. It turned out wonderful. This is for 2 servings. I like to use the leftover cabbage for coleslaw or chopped cabbaged gives a lovely texture to lettuce salads.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 375°F.
- 2Line a sheet pan with foil. (I used an 8x2").
- 3Treat the pan with 1 Tbsp of olive oil and spread to coat evenly.
- 4Slice cabbage with core-side down. You should end up with 6-8 slices. Don't slice into core. Just use sides of the cabbage.
- 5Place sliced cabbage in two rows, each slice slightly overlapping.
- 6Drizzle 2 Tbsp of olive oil and apple cider vinegar over each row. (If your cabbage is rather large, increase it to 3 tablespoons Again, use your own judgement).
- 7Next, sprinkle on Caraway seeds, garlic powder and salt-n-pepper.
- 8Cover with another sheet of foil.
- 9Bake for 45 min - 1 hour -- ovens vary.
- 10To serve, arrange slices along side your favorite meat dishes or casseroles.
- 11Variation: You can also add sliced bell pepper and sweet onion to this, by putting the vegies in between the sliced cabbage.
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Sliced, Baked Cabbage
Serving Size: 1 (495 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 317.0
- Calories from Fat 190
- Total Fat 21.2 g
- Saturated Fat 2.9 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 85.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 30.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 12.9 g
- Sugars 14.6 g
- Protein 6.9 g