Recipe by Happy Smoker
I have been trying to recreate a recipe I tasted many years ago at one of my wife's clubs. I think I finally did it, because this tastes like I remember. Maybe better.
Top Review by Fruit'n'herbs
I'm afraid I cheated with your recipe.I used leftover chicken and only 2 cups of canned chicken broth,but everything else was basically the same. It turned out nicely and we had enough leftovers for another meal which reheated nicely in the microwave. So thanks, happy smoker for a good recipe for me to cheat with!
- 16 ounces spaghetti or 16 ounces vermicelli, cooked and drained
- 1 teaspoon broth seasonings
- 5 cups chicken stock
- 2 cups cooked chicken, boned
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄2 cup celery, finely chopped
- 1⁄4 cup onion, chopped
- 1 green pepper, chopped
- 1 cup mushroom, sliced or chopped
- 1 (2 ounce) jar pimientos, chopped
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can cream of chicken soup
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can cream of mushroom soup
- 1⁄2 cup cheese, grated Parmesan cheese
- 1⁄4 cup breadcrumbs, dried
- 1 cup grated sharp cheddar cheese
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley, chopped or 1 tablespoon dried parsley flakes
- 1⁄8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 teaspoon dried tarragon
- 1⁄4 teaspoon nutmeg
Directions See How It's Made
- For two cups of chicken, use about 4 legs or 3 thighs and 1.
- large ½ breast, bone in, with skin. Boil chicken in 5 cups.
- of "seasoned water"* until done. Remove chicken from liquid,.
- set aside to cool.
- Add enough water to remaining broth to make 5 cups. Bring.
- broth to rolling boil and add the spaghetti. Cook spaghetti.
- in broth about 10 minutes. (al denté).
- Sauté green pepper, pimientos, mushrooms, celery, and onions.
- in 2 teaspoons of olive oil until tender. Remove from heat and.
- add salt, garlic powder and any other desired spices.
- Debone chicken, remove skin and fat. Chop to desired size.
- In a large bowl, combine spaghetti, chicken, the creamed.
- soups, Parmesan cheese and sautéed items. Put mixture in a.
- 3 x 9 casserole dish, spread the breadcrumbs evenly over the.
- mixture and top it off with the Cheddar cheese and parsley.
- Place in a 400 degree oven. Remove when cheese has melted.
- and breadcrumbs are lightly browned.
- *To make "broth seasonings", I use 1 teaspoons of a mixture of.
- herbs and spices I make out of just about everything in my.
- spice rack, and so can you. I use the following, all ground.
- up by my coffee grinder:.
- basil, bay leaf, black pepper.
- cayenne pepper, celery seed, clove, fennel, garlic powder.
- marjoram, oregano, parsley, sage, rosemary, thyme. No.
- measures, I did it to a desired aroma.