Recipe by pigtailone
From Better Homes and Gardens All-Time Favorite Fish & Seafood Recipes, 1980. Again this is a favorite of my daughters'...and recipe requested by my oldest. WARNING: HIGH IN FAT
Top Review by tipsycat
I have made this several times- My aunt had this recipe years ago & it brings back wonderful memories.
It is fast, easy,& delicious, just the way it is. I have made some variations when meatless meals are called for. I add a can of anchovies instead of the bacon, & sometimes mushrooms as well.
- 6 slice bacon, cut into 1/2 inch strips
- 59.14 ml green onion, sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 88.74 ml butter or 88.74 ml margarine
- 2 (368.54 g) can minced clams, drained
- 184.27 g can tuna, drained
- 118.29 ml black olives, sliced
- 59.14 ml parsley, snipped
- 0.59 ml black pepper
- 340.19 g linguine
Directions See How It's Made
- In skillet cook bacon till crisp; drain, reserving 1/4 cup drippings in skillet. Set bacon aside. Cook onion and garlic in drippings until tender but NOT brown. Stir in butter till melted. Add clams and tuna; break tuna into chunks, along with bacon, olives,parsley, and pepper; heat through. Keep hot.
- Meanwhile cook linguine according to package directions; drain. Place in warm serving bowl. At the table, top pasta with hot seafood mixture; toss. Serve with lemon wedges and grated parmesan cheese.