Prep 30 mins
Cook 0 mins
The texture of this yummy peach gelato should be between a soft-serve ice cream and dense gelato. The fresh peach flavor is outstanding!
- Cut peaches into very small pieces.
- Arrange peach pieces in a single layer on a rimmed cookie sheet and freeze solid, about 2 hours.
- Put frozen peach pieces in a food processor with the sugar and grind briefly.
- Add mascarpone or yogurt and pulse until mixture is smooth.
- Empty processor into a small container and freeze again, about 20 to 30 minutes.
- If gelato freezes solid, process it briefly again before serving.
- Note: Depending on the sweetness of the peaches, you may want to add more sugar.
This recipe was recently printed in the LA Times with more details: http://www.latimes.com/features/food/la-fo-calcookrec6-2aug06,0,4793488.story?coll=la-headlines-food
I really wanted this to be delicious- it was so easy. However, the flavor was just so-so and the texture was blah- it was cool and fruity, but nothing like gelato.
I have been looking for a healthy alternative to bought icecream for the family, and this is it. With homemade yoghurt and local produce...from mangoes to pines to bananas...this will be a regular in our freezer! Thanks!