Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
This is a great chocolate cupcake recipe that is not only low in calorie/fat but great in taste! So chocolaty and so good!
- 2 cups flour
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 3⁄4 cup applesauce
- 1⁄4 cup margarine (softened)
- 1 cup Splenda granular
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 1⁄4 cup brown sugar
- 3 egg whites
- 3⁄4 cup skim milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat oven 350°F; place cupcake lining in pans.
- Sift flour, baking soda, and salt. Set aside.
- Melt semisweet chocolate chips in double boiler. Let cool slightly.
- Cream butter, applesauce, Splenda, sugar, brown sugar, and egg whites. Add melted chocolate chips. Mix well.
- Add flour mixture, vanilla ext., and milk.
- Pour in cupcake cases and bake for 25-35 minutes or do toothpick test to see if done.
- You can frost these cupcakes with whatever frosting you prefer. I suggest leaving the frosting out and serving it with some fat free cool whip -- Yumm!