Recipe by maryL in Canada
This is an easy soup that is very, very low in calories and low in fat. I am following weight watchers and this soup is zero points (I think). You can add any veggies you want. I have made several variations of this. Basically, whatever I have on hand.
Top Review by Chef Jen #1
I can't really review this recipe because I made my normal vegetable soup recipe.. basically just putting together whatever vegetables I have on hand and some crushed tomatoes and broth with my spaghetti sauce spices.. but I added the taco seasoning mix as suggested in this recipe and it is a wonderful addition.
- 1 cup finely diced celery
- 1 cup diced onion
- 1 (28 ounce) can tomatoes (preferably diced)
- 2 (10 ounce) cans chicken broth
- 3 cups water
- 1 (1 1/4 ounce) package taco seasoning mix (dry)
- 2 -3 minced garlic cloves
- 1 cup frozen green beans
Directions See How It's Made
- Saute celery and onion using cooking spray.
- Add tomatoes, soups and water.
- Add taco mix and garlic.
- Let simmer partially covered for about 1 hour.
- Add the green beans and simmer another 15 minutes.
- Top with parmesan, or low-fat cheese then put a dollop of fat-free sour cream on top.