Recipe by Dreamer in Ontario
Source: Anne Lindsay's New Light Cooking
Top Review by LifeIsGood
I LOVED this version of sweet potatoes. I normally like my sweet potatoes crispy (as in fries), but this recipe changed my mind. I love them done this way. They are flavorful and make for a great side dish. I decided to chop the onions and sweet potatoes. Thank you for this winner of a recipe! Made for Photo Tag.
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 cup onion, thinly sliced
- 2 medium sweet potatoes, peeled and cut into 1/2-inchx1/2-inch thick strips (about 1 lb)
- 1⁄2 cup vegetable stock
- fresh ground pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oil over medium heat in a nonstick skillet.
- Cook onions, stirring occasionally, until softened and golden (about 5 minutes).
- Add sweet potatoes and stock to skillet; cover tightly; simmer, stirring every 5 minutes, for about 15 minutes or until tender.
- Season with salt & pepper to taste.